National Institute of Fashion Technology was established in 1986 and has emerged as the premier Institute of Design, Management and Technology.
NIFT ENTRANCE EXAM PATTERN
NIFT entrance exam is split into 2 phases:
Phase 1: Written Exam consisting of 2 papers of 100 marks each
- GAT (General Ability Test): 150 Objective questions
- CAT (Creative Ability Test): 3-4 questions
GAT has 5 sub-sections in multiple-choice format
- Analytical ability test – Simple 10th standard level mathematics.
- Logical Ability – Test on visualisation and mental ability
- Communication Ability – Test on grammar, synonyms, word anology
- English Comprehension – Give you a paragraph and ask questions based on that.
- Business domain test – General knowledge and current affairs.
The CAT tests each student’s ability in Design Problem Solving, Visual Sense, Observation & Perception, Environmental Awareness, Mental Ability and Communication skills through a range of visual and textual questions.
CAT QUESTIONS TYPE :
- Design a T-Shirt for a college cultural fest
- Sketch a scene at a railway station or a handicraft festival.
- Design a poster for Make in India.
Phase 2: It consists of 2 hour Situation Test in which students will be given certain materials and asked to create a 3Dimensional model.
TOTAL NUMBER OF SEATS – 1290
(across 15 NIFT centres across India)
THE DESIGN VENUE – NIFT PREPARATION
The students are guided fully to crack the NIFT entrance exam.Every effort is made to ensure that each and every student maximise their individual potential.Our past students performance stand testimony to our preparation.